[Ffmpeg-devel] cropping + rescaling broken?

Erik Slagter erik
Tue Mar 7 12:21:03 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 12:14 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:

> > Cropping is supposed to happen first.  After that, what remains should be
> > scaled to the requested size.
> Ok, thanks. At least now I know how things are supposed to work ;-)

BTW the saa7134 (tv capturing card) does it exactly this way and I guess
the bt8[47]8 likewise. It's really much more intuitive that way. Way
back when I was using the saa7134 to record TV programmes, I used to cut
the letterbox borders, rescale to 720x576, and then mark the stream as
16:9 (anamorphic). It's probably better to leave it letterboxed and set
the TV to "zoom mode", but this way was more convenient for me.