[Ffmpeg-devel] theora codec code

Jindrich Makovicka makovick
Wed Mar 1 16:42:26 CET 2006

On 3/1/06, Tom <th.tom at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi *
>
> while reading some code, I came accross these lines:
>
> ffmpeg/libavcodec/oggtheora.c -> line 115-116
>    ctx->time_base.num = thc->info.fps_denominator;
>    ctx->time_base.den = thc->info.fps_numerator;
>
> actually I didn't use theora (ffmpeg -i file.mpg file.ogg does not find the
> codec), so I can not verify wether the coder is ok or not.

Timebase is the inverse of FPS.

/**
     * this is the fundamental unit of time (in seconds) in terms
     * of which frame timestamps are represented. for fixed-fps content,
     * timebase should be 1/framerate and timestamp increments should be
     * identically 1.
     * - encoding: MUST be set by user
     * - decoding: set by lavc.
     */