[Ffmpeg-devel] mpeg1/2 decode speed differs

Martin Farnik martin.farnik
Wed Jun 28 08:55:26 CEST 2006

Hi,

I make multithread application for playing video (mpeg1,2) on several layers using ffmpeg library.
I discover some strange behaviour about decoding speed of video frames. When I have first activate only
one layer (one video decoding process thread) the decoding speed is significally slower opposite
when I active two layers together (two threads). Then when I stop decoding process on second layer (deactivate second layer) the
decoding speed on first layers do not change.(is faster than when I started )

I use latest CVS ffmpeg, linux 2.6.12 and openGL textures for video data.

How could I explain this behaviour ?

Martin Farnik