[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] gcc4 visibility support

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Sun Jun 25 03:33:46 CEST 2006

Okay, now I subscribed ffmpeg-devel so that's easier for me to follow the
discussion too :)
I still hope the other message will pass through moderation so that I don't
have to re-send it :)

On Friday 02 June 2006 19:39, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >  /* smacker.c */
> > -int smacker_init(void);
> > +int smacker_init(void) EXPORTED;
> these should not be EXPORTED
Now, I looked at the code and this is true. As I explained on the other mail,
I've marked as EXPORTED all the symbols that are currently visible in
installed headers.
For these initialisation functions it does not make sense to be visible, so I
think moving them on their own header file is a good idea. I'm attaching that
patch that does so, and includes it where needed.

Other than that, this patch also declares v4l2_init() that was currently used
with an implicit declaration in allformats.c.

HTH (as a first step),
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten? - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE