[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] very preliminary FLAC encoder

Justin Ruggles jruggle
Sat Jun 24 14:56:44 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 01:28:02AM -0400, Justin Ruggles wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am happy to say that I have a working FLAC encoder in FFmpeg.  Right
>>now it is just a very rudimentary version of what it will eventually
>>become.  I just wanted to first make it work properly & generate valid
>>FLAC files using FFmpeg's CRC, bitwriter, and golomb functionality.
>>
>>Note that it includes the previous patch I submitted for encoding the
>>last partial frame so as to enable lossless audio.  I know that this
>>would actually be a separate commit, but seeing as how it's not applied
>>yet... ;)
>>
>>Also, I had to modify the golomb writer to handle codes with a larger
>>unary portion than can be written in a single put_bits() call.  I don't
>>think this change affects the JPEG-LS encoder in any adverse way.
>>
>>flacenc.c obviously goes in the libavcodec directory.  Is there a way to
>>get SVN to include the new file inline in the patch?
>>
>>If there is anything here that looks unacceptable at this point please
>>just let me know.
>

> patch is ok and applied, i surely spotted a few things which can be
> simplified but ill just simplify these myself, saves us from a
> explain-resubmit-rereview cycle, dont fear i wont do any big changes ...
>
> [...]

WHOA!  This is not even close to ready.  I just wanted to make sure my
basic plan for integration was okay.  Oh well, thanks for applying
anyway.  I will work extra hard when I get back from work this evening
to integrate all the really good stuff & submit another patch to make
many changes. :)

Thanks,
Justin