[Ffmpeg-devel] "/c/Program Files/FFmpeg" prefix

Ramiro Polla ramiro86
Fri Jun 23 23:54:39 CEST 2006

Hello,

If ffmpeg is installed in mingw+msys with "make install" and no prefix is given, it defaults to "/c/Program Files/FFmpeg". That path is incorrect for any windows language besides english. It's also incorrect for windows x64 XP.

The correct path can be found on the windows registry, or using the SHGetFolderPath function from the win32 api.

How could the configure script be modified to find the correct folder? It would only work if running windows. I was thinking of making a quick app that calls the w32api function for the correct folder, but I don't know how to get the program's output (the path in a char[] buffer).

Any help?

Thanks,
Ramiro Polla