[Ffmpeg-devel] problem with nb_streams

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Jun 22 12:02:36 CEST 2006

Eric Fernandez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem detecting the nb of streams in an mpeg file, using
> latest SVN of ffmpeg.
> With version 4.9, I was opening  my MPEG file with  av_open_input_file()
> and retrieved stream info using av_find_stream_info().
> Then:
> pFormatContext->nb_streams
> contained the number of streams in my file.
>
> Using latest SVN, pFormatContext->nb_streams contains a 9-figure number!
> dump_format() correctly displays the streams in my file though.

I have uploaded the latest svn and added in ffmpeg.c a print of
nb_streams after the av_find_stram_info near line 2812. On an mpeg of
mine which I *know* has 2 streams, it prints 2.

I'd say the next step is that you create a minimal source and MPEG file
(preferrably 2MB at most) that reproduces your trouble. Then post the
source and e-mail the mpeg to those who ask.

> Do I do something wrong ? Or has the stream info retrieval changed ?
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Cheers,
--