[Ffmpeg-devel] Cross-compiling, OS X, and design questions

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed Jun 21 19:35:01 CEST 2006

Dave Chapman said:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> Must be a problem on your end, I can assure you the following link is
>> not 404:
>>
>> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/attachments/20060224/b91fef10/ffmpeg-fat-clean.obj
>
> That gives a 404 for me in firefox.
>
> With wget, the file downloads OK.
>
> With curl, I get a "301 moved permanently" message, redirecting the
> client to:
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/attachments/20060224/b91fef10/ffmpeg-fat-clean.obj
>
> Now, don't ask me which client is correct...

They are all correct.  www.mplayerhq.hu has two DNS A entries, one pointing
at the main server (aka natsuki, www1, lists, svn, ftp), the other to a
web page mirror.  The main server redirects /pipermail and /mailman to
lists.mplayerhq.hu.  Your Firefox happened to pick the IP of the web mirror,
which doesn't have list archives, wget happened to pick the main IP and knew
to follow the redirect, and curl also picked the main IP.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com