[Ffmpeg-devel] Cross-compiling, OS X, and design questions

Augie Fackler durin42
Wed Jun 21 18:06:24 CEST 2006

On Jun 21, 2006, at 12:00 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:58:05AM -0400, Augie Fackler wrote:
>> Basically what I'd be doing with most of the patch would be making it
>> so that things configure configures can be manually overridden with a
>> flag for the purposes of cross-compiling, and (hopefully) that cross-
>> compiling could be done by specifying --cross-compile and then just
>> specifying extra CFLAGS or a different compiler.
>> Would that be acceptable?
>
> I'd have to see the patches.

I'd really rather not throw time and effort into a patch that will be
rejected - is my understanding that something in the configure
scripts would be a good route to pursue correct?
(I'm not looking for a promise you'll take such a patch, just the
clarification that my intended path fits with your design intentions
well)

>> Also, does anyone out there have the old patches? I tried to download
>> them from the list archives and they're all 404'ed.
>
> URL?

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-February/
008019.html
and
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-February/
007170.html

Both have attachments that were scrubbed and I think they're the two
previous proposed patches.

> Diego

Augie