[Ffmpeg-devel] Automated Build System

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sat Jun 17 16:14:45 CEST 2006

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I am brainstorming on an automated build system. Here are more details:
>
>   http://multimedia.cx/eggs/secure-automated-builds/

I have a live-svn ebuild for ffmpeg somewhere and having what you need
is just a matter of

for a in ${compilerlist}
do
	eselect compiler ${a}
	source /etc/profile
	emerge ffmpeg-svn 1>> log.out 2>> log.err
done

gentoo has a sandbox facility already and you may enforce stricter rules
using any linux security model if the userspace sandbox isn't enough.
You may have any number of compiler installed in parallel and pick the
one you like. crossdev let you have any cross toolchain you need just
typing crossdev $CTARGET.

Probably you can do the same with your distribution build system.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC