[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg doesn't build on RedHat Linux 3 - LD version 2.14

İsmail Dönmez ismail
Fri Jun 16 21:03:37 CEST 2006

Cuma 16 Haziran 2006 21:55 tarihinde, Matt Schuckmann ?unlar? yazm??t?:
> I don't know if this something anybody cares about but I just discovered
> that ffmpeg doesn't build with versions of LD before 2.15.  The problem
> appears to be that the -as-needed flag is passed to LD and that option
> wasn't added to LD until 2.15.
>

> The documentation on the website only says that you need GCC 3.2 which I
> have but the system I was testing on has ld 2.14.90.
>

> I have no problem upgrading to the newer version of binutils, I just
> thought that this nugget of info might help someone out or that somebody
> with experience with the configure script and make files might want to fix
> this or add a warning to the webpage.

Please note that -as-needed is broken unless you use binutils CVS, see
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2006-06/msg00009.html .

Regards,
ismail
--