[Ffmpeg-devel] ffplay not compiled anymore

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Jun 14 16:29:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 17:05 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
[...]
> > I just discovered that after an update from subversion the configure
> > script refuses to compile ffplay because SDL is too old. This is
> > happening on a debian stable machine...
> > I think that debian stable (3.1) should be supported, no?
>
> Was discussed with a window of about a week...
Sorry, I lost that discussion

>  I won't revert it since it breaks other distros.
Ok. But someone broke someone else's setup (that used to work) without
caring. Funny that now you care about "other distros".

>From my point of view, the wrong fix has been committed (If you do not
go fullscreen, knowing the screen size seems pretty useless...) ---
maybe this particular commit fixes some cases, but it breaks others

> > If I read the changelog correctly, this has been done to remove
> > dependencies from X11...
> > But I think disabling the whole ffplay is too much. Maybe it would be
> > sufficient to disable the possibility to go fullscreen?
>
> Please provide a patch for configure and ffplay.c, I'm to lazy to do it
> myself ^^;
Yes. I was going to work on that (I know _nothing_ about SDL, but it
seems pretty easy...). But after reading this reply, I do not think I
will spend my time on that (I can easily revert this particular commit
in my working copy). Sorry.

				Luca
--
Proud to be "coglione"