[Ffmpeg-devel] About swscale

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jun 14 14:51:42 CEST 2006

Hi

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 01:15:40PM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> - mplayer-sws.diff depends on mplayer-headers-cleanup2.diff, and
> modifies mplayer so that it can be compiled when swscale is moved from
> postproc to libswscale, coping with the changes needed for compiling
> swscale in the ffmpeg tree.
> Since I did not receive much feedback on this patch, I left it as it is,
> but if needed I can split it in two parts: one for coping with the
> postproc ---> libswscale move, and one for coping with the
> sws_global_init() thing.
> This patch should be applied when swscale is moved to the ffmpeg tree
> (and an "svn:externals" property is added to download it in
> mplayer/libswscale).
> This patch should work even if swscale.diff is not applied

ok, so if i understand it correctly then after mplayer-headers-cleanup2.diff
is applied and postproc is moved into some svn:external libswscale and
this is applied, everything will still work? if so then i think we should
try to get these 2 patches applied and swscale moved out before we work
on the remainder ...

[...]

> -static SwsContext *swsContext = NULL;
> +static struct SwsContext *swsContext = NULL;
> +static int W;

a more descriptive name should be used here

except that the mplayer-headers-cleanup2.diff can be applied