[Ffmpeg-devel] RTSP help needed

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Jun 9 11:38:45 CEST 2006

Geetha Chaney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie to RTSP streaming. I would like to use ffserver for RTSP
> streaming.

> Qn. 1 Is it working?

Possibly even if that part is far from perfection.

> Can I stream only mpg files?

Not sure, what you want to stream? each codec has at least one rfc
related to how to pack it in rtp.

> Also, I tried to stream an mpeg file and failed.

I'm not sure Quicktime is compliant to the standard. Try with mplayer or
vlc or xine or nemesi.

> I got the error message connection failed. Please help me.
> Please tell me what should I have in the ffserver.conf file and
> what I should have in my directory and how to invoke it from a player.

You may try fenice as streamer and use ffmpeg to feed it.

(http://streaming.polito.it)

lu

--

Luca Barbato