[Ffmpeg-devel] Encoding captured audio using InputStream

Timo Müller tm027
Tue Jun 6 13:11:18 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I'm working on an java application that is able to stream AMR audio and
H.263 video to a mobile device. Since I already used JMF for the video
stream and with JMF incapable of encoing AMR, I tried to integrate
FFMpeg into the JMF Framework.
Since the source data will be a live source, I'm in the need of
capturing the audio data via direct sound in Windows. Knowing that
FFMpeg doesn't support capturing on a Windows Platform, I built a
workaround using an inputstream instead of the inFilename.
This works fine as long as the inputstream is the outputstream of a
file. When I connect the inputstream with the output of the direct sound
device i get an "unknown format" exception, although the  direct sound
output has the same format as the linux output (Linear 44,1 kHz, 16Bit
stereo, LittleEndian, signed).
Has anybody any suggestions about that? Could FFMpeg be tricked with a
fake file header at the beginning of the stream? Or should I change the
  format?

Thanks in advance
Timo