[Ffmpeg-devel] crash while re-encoding nuv mpeg4 files.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Jun 1 21:37:30 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 04:29:41PM -0400, stanley kamithi wrote:
> the patch in nuv.c addresses the problem where nuv_packet() didn't tell the
> higher functions that it's reached
> the end of the file.  It was called by line 926 of av_read_frame_internal,
> and returns zero at the end of the file. This function doesn't think zero is
> such a bad thing..I get the error "glibc detected *** corrupted
> double-linked list **" then ffmpeg crashes.
> This happens on good and corrupt nuv mpeg4 files.
>
> i can provide a 5M nuv file , debugs and backtrace if this patch is not the
> correct way to solve the issue.

Could you please upload the sample file to
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming ?
I _think_ that some other demuxers are returning zero in the same
situation as well, so the bug might actually be somewhere else.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger