[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Update copyright year

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Thu Jun 1 18:12:33 CEST 2006

2006/6/1, Baptiste COUDURIER <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com>:
> Hi
>
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > [...]
> >> That might not be such a good idea, since "FFmpeg project" is not a legal
> >> entity.  IANAL so I don't know exactly what problems that might cause, should
> >> we ever need to enforce the copyright, but I'm sure there's something.
> >
> > Neither is MPlayer Team, yet we have "(C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team".
> > Neither MPlayer's nor FFmpeg's copyright can be assigned to one person.
> >
> > Regards,
> > R.
> >

> Well at least people whose name are in the header of the .c file got
> copyrights on that file. Mans is right, better having a person as it is
> a legal entity.

All changes done in these files belong to the people who created the
changes despite
of the copyright notice. There is no transfer or lost of copyright
because of some header or notice.

So yeh, we have consensus ;)