[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: av_log() bloatedness

Sigbjørn Skjæret cisc
Sun Jul 23 15:19:52 CEST 2006

>> It would break windows dlls, not proper shared libs.
> and as such av_log_set_callback() belongs to the windows dlls but not proper
> shared libs

Well, the reason I said "non-dl" is because there are more shared lib methods
than dl and dlls (albeit not directly supported by ffmpeg project as of yet),
and many simply don't share variables externally.

> personally i would have no objections to a seperate file which contains
> some warpers and which is only compiled on windos, but i do have objections
> to spread this mess all over the source

No problem with that except that you'll create artificial portability issues,
ie ppl who don't use these wrappers will write different code than those that
do, and they won't compile cleanly between eachother...

As for mess I don't see what's so messy about having these functions as they
abstract the usage of these variables nicely, but this is ofcourse only my
opinion (and I guess the person who added them in the first place). ;)

- CISC