[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: integrating AVS decoding into MPlayer

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Fri Jul 28 19:10:49 CEST 2006

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

[snip]

> OTOH if common applications like mencoder/ffmpeg/ffdshow support
> X in avi then chances are that it will rather be adopted instead of a
> new mess being invented by people who lack experience in multimedia
> formats

Hmm, can I count this as a vote to create a new tag,
possibly 'CAVS', for this format?
That would pave an easy way to use the decoder in MPlayer, by just defining
it in codecs.conf and decoding with 'mplayer -demuxer lavf foo.avs'.
The other way would be to properly support it in MPlayer's MPEG demuxer.
For this I adapted Mans' way of detecting AVS into it, but that still
leaves me with two problems: Firstly, the demuxer delivers the bytestream
truncated, and secondly I need to find some way to get the framerate across.

Regards
Stefan Gehrer

Ideal f?r Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer