[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug reporting (was: Bug: libav*.pc files broken)

Ulrich von Zadow coder
Wed Jul 26 11:34:17 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 09:03:59PM +0200, Ulrich von Zadow wrote:
>> ffmpeg produces broken libav*.pc files under mac os x.
>
> Should be fixed.

Thanks for the speedy reply and resolution :-).

>> Is there a consistent way for users of the library to find out when/if
>> bugs are fixed?
>
> Follow the ffmpeg-cvslog mailing list.  If you report a bug on a mailing
> list you should receive a reply if/when somebody fixes it.

Ah, but for someone that's using lots of different packages, that
implies a volume of mail that is just too much to handle. Also, if I
find something that looks like a bug and see reports of somthing similar
  on the dev-Mailinglist from half a year ago, how do I find out whether
that bug was fixed?

I assume setting up bugzilla/trac or something similar has been
discussed and isn't wanted? It would sure help downstream people a lot.

Regards,

   Uli