[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] av_free() vs. av_freep()

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jul 22 11:07:55 CEST 2006

Hi

currently we have av_free() which is the equivalent of free() and av_freep()
which dereferences its argument, calls av_free() and sets it to NULL

maybe we should replace all av_free() by av_freep() and drop av_free()
entirely? it would make mistakly using freed memory alot more noticable