[Ffmpeg-devel] PTS / DTS with XViD

Jani Boutellier bow
Mon Jul 17 17:10:23 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm using ffmpeg's libavformat to read a XViD stream that is wrapped in
the OGM container. It works fine as long as I do not use B-Frames in XVid.

When I use B-frames, I assume that I should read the PTS / DTS -indexes
from the AVPacket structure to get the correct frame order for decoding,
right?

Well, PTS ans DTS both show just the ascending index numbers of the
frames read from the bitstream, giving no hint of the correct frame
decoding order -- and the video gets messed up.

Is there another place where I should read the PTS and DTS from or what
is the correct procedure anyway?

BTW: I do not use libavcodec to decompress XVid frames, I just want read
the frame bitstream from the OGM file with FFMPEG.

Thanks,
-- Jani