[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale patch

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Jul 17 10:02:17 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 19:56 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> hmmmmmmm, the whole becomes more and more messy, i think that simply
> using av_log() and requireing all av_log() implementations to be thread
> safe or somehow gurantee that av_log will never be called from 2 threads
> at once would be the only reasonable solution
> after all av_log() is used in lavc/lavf too ...
Ok; I changed the code to directly use av_log(). But this introduces a
dependency on libavcodec: would you agree in moving av_log() & friends
to libavutil?

[...]
> ive thought about the malloc() problem a little and i think i ve found
> a solution:
>
> move av_malloc() and relatives into libavutil, a system which doesnt
> have malloc() can always choose not to compile mem.c (mem.c could be
> put under some "ifeq CONFIG_AV_MALLOC,yes" or so in the Makefile)
I have an old unapplied patch moving av_malloc() & friends to libavutil.
I'll port it to the current version of ffmpeg, and I'll post it; maybe
it could be a good starting point.

			Thanks,
				Luca