[Ffmpeg-devel] libtheora brokenness in lavc

Måns Rullgård mru
Sun Jul 16 21:15:00 CEST 2006

matthieu castet <castet.matthieu at free.fr> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>>
>>>Hi

>>>encoder? where?
>>
> Some parts of the encoder get commited, others don't for comestic reason...
>
> Do a grep on oggtheora_encoder ...

Looks like a placeholder or something.  I wrote oggtheora.c, and I
didn't include an encoder.

>>>i vote for removing libtheora support theres no sense in it, only use
>>>would be debuging our decoder but then there are other tools like
>>>mplayer which can be used and as you say our decoder is disabled if
>>>libtheora is enabled so its not that usefull for debuging either
>> I don't mind removing it, but does the native decoder now support
>> theora fully?  I know it used to be incomplete.
>>
> IIRC it supports only stream produced by current stable encoder but
> can't decode avanced theora stream that are produced by an
> experimental encoder ( http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora-exp/). But the
> official decoder can't decode them either ...

IIRC there was also an issue with bitstreams produced by some really
old libtheora.  Is this still the case?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com