[Ffmpeg-devel] integrating AVS decoding into MPlayer

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Jul 14 23:12:44 CEST 2006

Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>

>>> This issue was discussed in the NUT development list and that's why we
>>> adopted fourcc.
>>
>> Alas...
>>

> None of the people proposing alternatives provided code with the words
> so for nut-1.0 we copy the avi numbers for the codecs that have one and
> add others for codecs that haven't. That is just the less impedance path...

And you still have to specify which of the oodles of avi fourccs for
any particular codec to use.  The decision to use "the same as avi"
has only bought you endless hours of work when new avi fourccs
inevitably pop up with each new divx release.

> See the ml archive for the details.

I've read that "discussion", thank you very much.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com