[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale patch

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jul 14 15:27:10 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

sorry for not replying before... I lost the last version of the patch
(the one with sws_log as a field of SwsContext), and I am redoing it.

I had it working, but there still are some issues to address:
1) sws_log is sometimes called when a sws context is not available (for
example, in sws_printVec() and sws_orderYUV(). I commented out those
log() for now, but I am searching for a better solution
2) all the functions that call sws_getContext() must see the prototype
of my_log() (defined in a new swscaler_support.c file in the mplayer
main directory). Should I add a new header file just for it, explicitly
declare my_log() as external in all the .c files using it, or put the
prototype in some other header file?
(I know, my_log() is a terrible name... I am going to change it)

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 12:26 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> hmm, somehow iam not completely happy with the whole malloc/free handling ...
I tried to think about it... The only idea I had is to undefine
DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H before including avutil.h in swscale_internal.h, so
that malloc() and free() can be used... So, we would not need to
introduce sws_alloc() and sws_free().

				Luca