[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] building on windows

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Jul 14 02:37:02 CEST 2006

"Ramiro Polla" <ramiro86 at hotmail.com> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

>>>Hmm, 'cp -sf' makes symbolic links as well, at least with GNU cp.  So
>>>does this work properly on Windows?  The '-s' gets ignored or what?
>>>

>>The real question we should be asking is if the foo.dll.xx are useful
>>at all.  Perhaps the right thing to do is drop the version number for
>>dlls and give windows users the dll hell they deserve.
>>

> Yes. Dll hell. We just love it. And we're very used to it. The patch I
> had proposed a few days ago removed the versioning in the filename, and
> made things on windows work like a charm (the charm we're used to).

That must one hell of a lucky charm you've got there, if it can make
that stuff work.

Now, could you windows users please wield that charm one more time,
and produce a patch with the following properties:

1. works
2. doesn't break non-windows builds
3. doesn't clutter the makefiles or configure script
4. doesn't contradict everything you've said to date

When a patch is presented that meets these requirements, it might be
accepted, but no sooner.

Until such a patch exists, would you please just go away and play
minesweeper or something instead of flooding us with these emails?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com