[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil/snow.c -> Generating internal compiler errors?

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Jul 13 22:45:09 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:41:58PM +0200, Olivier Engelkes wrote:

> Wether I choose --cpu=arm or --cpu=xscale won't make any difference. The
> compiler I made uses gcc 3.4.5 and glibc 2.3.6, and is known to work for
> some heavy projects. Once snow.c is being compiled, gcc uses a lot of
> resources, and then generates an internal compiler error ?!!? I looked
> into snow.c and observed many FIXME statements.

Congratulations, you have found a bug in gcc.

> Is this allready known? If so is anyone allready working on a fix?

Who knows?  Maybe some gcc developers read this list and can enlighten
us ...

> arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-gcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

See, the output even contains instructions on what you have to do.  Why
didn't you follow them?

Diego