[Ffmpeg-devel] samples database

Marcus Engene ffmpeg
Sun Jul 9 22:38:29 CEST 2006

Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin,
>
> As you all know we have quite a big samples collection on
> natsuki (samples.mplayerhq.hu). But the whole organisation
> is a mess and not very intuitive.
>
> We (don't ask me who we were, i forgot it) discussed that we could
> build some sort of database to select samples based on certain
> criteria, like codec, container, broken/non-broken file etc pp.
>
> Unfortunately, noone of us has the time to do it. Thus i'd
> like to ask whether there is a kind developer out there who
> would write an webapplication (php/cgi/whatever) or a client
> server CLI app for us, to fill this gap.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> 			Attila Kinali

Hi,

If you need any php/db stuff done I could do that. The problem would be
to do a script to probe the clips and fill the db?

table clips
{id, name, container, codec_gfx, codec_snd, ...}

containers
{container, link to melansons wiki, ffmpeg/mplayer status, ...}

...the same for the codecs...

I'd prefer Postgres (8) if the info is to be put into a db. Php5.1 is
preferable
too as it has bind variables in the pg interface.

Best regards,
Marcus