[Ffmpeg-devel] enable/disable (de)muxers

Måns Rullgård mru
Sun Jul 9 14:28:58 CEST 2006

Hi all,

This topic has been discussed previously, and I had the idea that I'd
finally do something about it.

To make individual (de)muxer selection possible, the configure script
needs to fetch a list of available formats somewhere.  Unfortunately,
there is no single lists that contains them all, as there is with the
codecs.  The allformats.c file instead calls bunch of functions, such
as mpegps_init(), which call av_register_input/output_format().  Thus
we have two options: 1) grep all the source files for declarations of
AVInputFormat and AVOutputFormat, or 2) move the av_register_*_format
calls to av_register_all().  In either case, the names of the structs
need to be made consistent.  This should not be a problem, as most of
them are declared static, so there can be no external references, not
that there should be any in the first place.

Please let me know your thoughts about this.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com