[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] mdct window generation

Benjamin Larsson banan
Sat Jul 8 18:37:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>Hi
>
>[...]
>

>is there _anything_ shared between the 3 cases? if no then IMO they should
>be 3 seperate functions

The only thing they share is that they are MDCT windows. I have no
problem doing 3 separete functions but I would prefer just one. I'll
send an updated suggestion later.

>furthermore, the code to generate a window MUST be smaller then the
>window of course, otherwise its just wasting space
>
>[...]
It is, with the exception if the code would be used to create the fixed
point ac3encoder window. In all other cases it is smaller, for example
the vorbis tables are ca 8000 * 4 bytes vs 20 lines of code to generate
the tables.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--