[Ffmpeg-devel] OpenAVS Project Help Wanted

zhou13 at netscape.net zhou13
Fri Jul 7 05:21:06 CEST 2006

I am maintainer of the openavs project at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openavs/.  OpenAVS implements a new
Chinese standard called AVS  ( GB/T 20090.2-2006      Information
technology - Advanced coding of audio and video ).  Date of release of
the  standard is March, 1st 2006 ( very new ).

We have early access to the standard documents ( Part 1-System, Part 2-
Video, Part 7-Mobile Video). We have 2 people working on this project
currently. ( i am from China and another guy from Taiwan ).

The standard is written in Chinese. AVS Part 1-System is backward
compatible with MPEG-2. AVS Part 2 Video is somehow a watered down
version of H.264.  So we don't think there is any problem even if you
don't understand Chinese.

currently, we need people that is good at SIMD optimization of our code
( MMX, 3DNow! and SSE, SSE2, SSE3 ).  You can check out our newest
release 1.0.3 and tell me how could i improve it.

I am also positive if OpenAVS can be merged into ffmpeg tree because it
is really just a beefed-up version of MPEG-2.

Thanks for reading.

Zhou "Lionel" Li