[Ffmpeg-devel] Bugreport: Problem with Files from VDR

Erik Slagter erik
Sat Jul 1 11:29:55 CEST 2006

On do, 2006-06-29 at 20:11 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> That file is invalid according to ISO 13818-1, but we can still
> process it.  A PES stream may only contain packets from a single
> elementary stream, and must have ESCR and ES_Rate fields.  The VDR
> files violate both of these rules.

Makes you wonder why it's even possible to have multiple elementary
streams in a PES, right? My sat receiver can also (besides a "normal"
TS) supply a PES stream with indeed audio and video, so I always
wondered why there even is such a thing as a PES format. But now I
understand :-)