[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] "too many threads" with brd_scale >= 5

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Sat Jan 28 09:31:40 CET 2006

Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Corey Hickey wrote:
>

>>I've been testing vb_stategy=2 and brd_scale, and I ran into a bug.
>>Whenever brd_scale is set to 5 or higher, libavcodec reports:
>>
>>[mpeg4 @ 0xb93650]too many threads
>>
>>...and mencoder segfaults.
>

> fixed. (though it'll still fail if you really are using too many threads
> for the downscaled encode.)

Thank you. ...I'm a little confused, though: I thought, from Michael's
response, that the problem was due to the width being 22.5 (not an
integer) rather than the height being 15 (less than 16). Did I draw the
wrong conclusion, or were they separate issues?

Thanks,
Corey