[Ffmpeg-devel] video4linux2 input format?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Jan 26 13:02:42 CET 2006

Hi Erik,

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 12:30 +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
[...]
> > Can anyone help me in mapping the other V4L2_PIX_FMT to the equivalent
> > PIX_FMT?
>
> Please note that some drivers (notably the cx88???) only support a very
> small subset of these layouts.
Yes, I know. My (currently unimplemented) plan is to add support for all
the possible V4L2 formats, and to check which formats the card really
supports when opening the device.

The idea is:
	- First try to use the pixel format requested by the user
	- If it is not supported by the card, then discover which format
	  the card uses by default, map it to the ffmpeg PIX_FMT_* name,
	  and change st->codec->pix_fmt to it
the alternative is to try all the possible formats supported by ffmpeg
until we find one that the card likes.

				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Acquista ora Email.it Phone Card e comincia a risparmiare sulle tue telefonate! Clicca e scopri l'offerta
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2684&d=26-1