[Ffmpeg-devel] AVFormat ffm reader generating incorrect PTS information

Bryan Mayland bmayland
Tue Jan 17 18:16:40 CET 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> how is this going to work with b frames? i dont know ffm/ffserver very wel
> but somehow my feeling tells me that setting pts to AV_NOPTS_VALUE if its
> not explicitly stored is the right thing to do

    Ooh, yeah you're right about that.  I have only played with ffm
files which do not have bframes.  You're right though, if you do
something like the attached you'd get the same effect as the pts will be
fixed up in the compute_pkt_fields.  That method does take b-frames into
account.  So how's that look now?