[Ffmpeg-devel] ffserver-asf woes

Martin van Es martin
Mon Jan 16 13:56:28 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm clutching at straws here: I just can't seem to get ffmpeg/ffserver stream
a decent asf stream from my webcam. Is there _anybody_ having succes with
current cvs ffserver and (live) asf streaming?

The webcam works (mplayer shows video) and ffmpeg is happy to grab from the
videosource.

Creating a standalone output file like this ...

ffmpeg -vd /dev/video0 -t 30s -f asf -vcodec msmpeg4v2 -b 768 -s 240x128 -r 15
-acodec mp3 -ab 128 -ac 1 out.asf

... works, and the resulting file is playable in WMP.

Creating a stream with ffserver.conf like this ...
<Feed webcam.ffm>
File /tmp/webcam.tmp
FileMaxSize 2048K
</Feed>

<Stream cam.asf>
Feed webcam.ffm
Format asf
VideoCodec msmpeg4v2
VideoFrameRate 15
VideoSize 160x128
VideoBitRate 768
VideoGopSize 30
VideoBufferSize 40
StartSendOnKey
AudioCodec mp3
AudioBitRate 128
AudioChannels 1
</Stream>

... and starting ffmpeg like this ...

ffmpeg -vd /dev/video0 -ad /dev/dsp1 http://localhost:8090/webcam.ffm

... doesn't. At best, the first frame is played, but after that nothing
happens and ffserver outputs a lot of these errors:

error, non monotone timestamps 1137414407163858 >= 1137414407163858

Can anybody tell me what the status of ffserver/asf is. Is anybody working on
ffserver and on this part specifically that I can help?

Grtz.
Martin
--
If 'but' was any useful, it would be a logical operator.