[Ffmpeg-devel] About converting individual WAV file

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Jan 13 03:58:54 CET 2006

"Takeshi.Tanaka" <ztanaka at esbd.ndss.jp> writes:

> Hi this is Japanese developer team.
> Could you give me a good idea after reading this mail?
>
> Converting a MPG file to individual WAV file by command-line,
> test1.wav and test2.wav overlap each other for 0.5sec.
> So that we cannot listen test1.wav and test2.wav correctly.
>
> This overlapping problem is only between test1.wav and test2.wav.
>
> Command Line coding
> ~ffmpeg -i input.mpg -ss 0 -t 30 test1.wav
> ~ffmpeg -i input.mpg -ss 30 -t 30 test2.wav
> ~ffmpeg -i input.mpg -ss 60 -t 30 test3.wav
>
> Am I mistaking anything here?

Seeking in MPEG files can never be very accurate.  You could instead
decode the audio stream from the entire MPEG file (or however much of
it you need) to a single WAV file, and then cut out pieces from that.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com