[Ffmpeg-devel] snow and cmp functions

Loren Merritt lorenm
Thu Jan 12 07:33:19 CET 2006

What would be the cleanest way to add 32x32 cmp functions to dsputil?
particualrly w97 and w53, where they aren't equivalent to 4 16x16 calls.
Currently, all(?) code in lavc uses literal numbers for dsputil table
indices, so I can't easily bump the numbers up, and some code also assumes
the indices are in order of decreasing size.

The 32x32 functions would be useful for snow's obme, since we compare the
whole area of support for one motion block, and don't want unnecessary
wavelet edge effects in the middle of the block.

--Loren Merritt