[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [BUG] TSCC wrong colors on PPC

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Sun Jan 8 16:46:34 CET 2006

Sorry for not answering, was far away from computer for a week.
 >It looks like our TSCC decoder has some endianess issues still.  I get
 >wrong colors when I play on my PPC, while my x86 is fine.
[...]
 >Interestingly it seems that only 32bpp and 16bpp TSCC samples are
 >affected.  The 24bpp sample I have is fine.
That's because of used output colorspaces PIX_FMT_RGB555 and
PIX_FMT_RGBA32. Comments in avcodec.h tell these colorspaces are
cpu-endian depended.
Possible solutions:
 * Convert output pixels to native endianness.
 * Assume these colorspaces always to be little-endian.

First solution for TSCC (I hope) is solved by attached patch (untested,
no tscc samples at hand). There are possibly more codecs with such
problem (Mike?).
The second solution may take small redesign of output system.