[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: ffmpeg doesn't compile on Mac OS X anymore...

Patrice Bensoussan patrice.bensoussan
Fri Jan 6 19:41:52 CET 2006

> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:44:01AM -0600, Laine Lee wrote:
> > On 1/3/06 4:08 AM, "Martin" <martin.prangl at itec.uni-klu.ac.at>
> wrote:

> > > I have the same problem compiling under SUSE 10 64 bit , gcc 4.02
> > >
> > > is there a workaround?
> >
> > from <gauchi <at> gmx.net>
> >
> > >simply configuring with --extra-cflags=-DHAVE_LRINTF works for me
>
> This seems to be a recurring problem, but as long as I cannot
> reproduce
> it, it's hard to fix...
>
> Diego

Well, the problem on Mac OS X was that the library I was compiling
with (mp3lame) was not installed in
a standard location, so the lrintf detection in configure was failing
(because the lib was not found during linking).
I have sent a patch to actually use CFLAGS/LDFLAGS to fix the issue,
but it means that if you are using
some libraries which are not installed in a standard location, you
need to add the appropriate --extra-ldflags
and --extra-cflags to specify some additional paths for libs/includes.

I guess a better way to fix it would be to avoid linking with extra
libs if not required for the lrintf detection.
I hope this helps.

Patrice