[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] h264.c failed assertion

Dennis van Amerongen Dennis.vanAmerongen
Thu Jan 5 23:44:24 CET 2006

>> I run into the pic assertion problem as well with livestreaming with
>> x264 experiments but have a hard time reproducing it with a
>> sample/file stream.  (There's a VLC trouble ticket on this issue as
>> well).
>>
>> A nonexistant frame being used for motion compensation (as the error
>> implies?),
>
>That is indeed what it means.
>
>> could that also be caused by packet loss or retransmits in
>> livestreaming?
>
>Yes.
>
>--
>M?ns Rullg?rd
>mru at inprovide.com

Is there a way of adding some sort of error resilience for that in ffmpeg? That would greatly enhance streaming usage/stability on the decoding side.

And are there encoding parameters that tend to trigger this problem faster that can/should be avoided? (I get the feeling using high b-frame counts cause these problems faster with nonexisting frame refs).

- D