[Ffmpeg-devel] Please change fourcc tag from xvid to XVID in liabcodec/xvidff.c

Humperdinck raggen
Mon Jan 2 16:20:41 CET 2006

Please change fourcc tag from xvid to XVID in liabcodec/xvidff.c. This will make
xvid encoded files playable for systems running on windows xp and ffmpeg
compiled with msys1.0 and mingw32. Thank you very much.

snippet from libavcodec/xvidff.c
/* Determines which codec mode we are operating in */
    avctx->extradata = NULL;
    avctx->extradata_size = 0;
    if( xvid_flags & CODEC_FLAG_GLOBAL_HEADER ) {
        /* In this case, we are claiming to be MPEG4 */
        x->quicktime_format = 1;
        avctx->codec_id = CODEC_ID_MPEG4;
    } else {
        /* We are claiming to be XviD */
        x->quicktime_format = 0;

        avctx->codec_tag = ff_get_fourcc("xvid"); <-- Change here from xvid to
XVID

    }