[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] MPEG-4 artifacts, possibly demuxer-related

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Jan 2 15:04:22 CET 2006

Hey, I stumbled across another MPEG-4 file that shows artifacts:

ftp://sandman.homedns.org/diego/ffmpeg/XviD_with_3_AAC-HE_audio_streams.avi

I've tested with CVS MPlayer, CVS ffplay and MPlayer 1.0pre7try2.
Interestingly xine CVS and vlc 0.8.4 play the file fine.  This indicates
a demuxer problem, but it would be present in both the MPlayer and the
libavformat demuxer.  The AVI file is an ODML AVI file.

The problem exists both on my PPC and x86 machines.  Both are Debian
unstable boxes with gcc 4.0.3 on the PPC and gcc 2.95.4 on the x86 box.

Diego