[Ffmpeg-devel] Interesting; lavformat muxer in mencoder

Erik Slagter erik
Mon Feb 27 20:15:27 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 12:09 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:

> Either you are using an ancient version of mencoder or you LIED to
> mencoder, because in any modern version it required the
> -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
> option in order to work at all.

I did and I didn't ;-)

I supplied a stream both with and without b-frames. And I supplied the
option (that is what I meant by "ignoring the warnings"). I doesn't
matter anyway.

> Simple answer: DO NOT USE the lavf muxer in mencoder. It does not
> work. If you want it to work, submit a patch to add parser/framer
> support to it to get the correct pts values from the frames.

Okay, that's what I wanted to know, the muxer simply needs some work.