[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] AVParser before muxing

Baptiste COUDURIER baptiste.coudurier
Sun Feb 26 23:46:12 CET 2006

Hi,

As most of you probably know, we are facing a problem of muxing codecs
differently depending on output format. One problem is h264 nal encoding
in mp4, but I can think also about removing VOL header in mpeg4 key frames.

Michael suggested something like AVParser. It could be a good
interaction layer just before actually giving the frame to av_write_frame.

Identifying the output format by FORMAT_ID_MP4, or MUXER_ID_MP4 for
example, in AVFormatContext. That extends the process to be specific for
each muxer.

What do you guys think about it ?

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312