[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] seeking crash in x264 with b_pyramid

Erik Slagter erik
Sun Feb 26 11:39:00 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 05:33 -0800, Corey Hickey wrote:

[ ... ]

> It usually takes about one
> minute of running the command I provided before any problems occur; just
> opening the file and seeking a few times is almost certainly not going
> to be sufficient.

Does this also happen with material not encoded using b_pyramid?

I also have issues, but not related to b_pyramid. For instance, mplayer
(very latest CVS) plays raw h264 files double speed, and using some
combinations of options to x264, I get awful artifacts now and then. I
am trying to pinpoint the exact combination now.

[ ... ]

> mplayer pyramid.avi -slave

Ah, ok, you're putting h264 in avi! You did not mention that! I thought
you were talking about raw h264. I could imagine h264 (especially with
some weird options) doesn't like it to be put in avi ;-)