[Ffmpeg-devel] regression tests broken

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Sat Feb 25 19:12:57 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/25/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 01:16:17AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > gdb backtrace & disasm, gcc version, config.h, cputype please
> > here the regression tests pass, even the ffserver ones
>
> K6-III running Debian unstable (somewhat outdated), tried with both gcc
> 2.95.4 and 3.3.  I'm away from that machine right now, details later.

Past experience on both PPC (read recent altivec threads) and x86 (the
whole mess of un-respected mem/reg constrains in inline asm) has
showed that GCC3.3 was a piece of junk put together. I do think it
would be better to check with at least GCC 3.4

Let me add testing reg tests with gcc3.4 to my todo-list...

Guillaume
--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar D?ffinger