[Ffmpeg-devel] [bugs] grabbing v4l2 -> buffer underflow ; packet too large ; pcm_s16le vs mp2

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Feb 24 10:48:26 CET 2006

Michael Niedermayer said:

> mans, any flames or improvements for our mpeg-ps (de)muxer? so its fast but
> still compliant or supports all video & audio codecs, for example raw?

You and I both know that MPEG PS only supports ISO 11172/13818/14496 codecs.
If you need other codecs, use another format.  For the codecs it supports it
does the job well in the situations it was intended for.  For example, it was
never intended as a random-access format, although with suitable restrictions
(DVD) it works pretty well as such too.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com