[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] X11 grabber

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Feb 22 14:20:22 CET 2006

Hi

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:07:24AM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Clemens,
>
> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 10:42 +0100, Clemens Fruhwirth wrote:
> [...]
> > The patch isn't certainly ready for merging, as there are few untested
> > code paths. You can take it if you want. However, the following text
> > is enough for me to adopt a "take it or leave it" stance towards the
> > FFmpeg. Or in other words, such an attitude is unacceptable.
> >
> > Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:23:06 -0800
> > From: ffmpeg-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
> > To: clemens at endorphin.org
> >
> > Your request to the Ffmpeg-devel mailing list
> >
> >     Subscription request
> >
> > has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
> > following reason for rejecting your request:
> >
> > "[No reason given]"
> I think you just tried to subscribe to the wrong list (so, I suspect
> this is just a misunderstanding)
> ffmpeg-devel is currently hosted on mplayerhq, not on SF, and I think
> you received an automatic reply (I really doubt that a "list moderator"
> rejected your subscription... I think the message is just misleading).
>
> Maybe someone of the ffmpeg developers having a SF account can adjust
> the "[no reason given]" text to explain that the "right list" is on
> mplayerhq?

i do not know from where the rejection message came, if its automatically
generated thats odd, if someone, rejected it with no reason thats odd too
only thing i know is that the list is set so as to require approval of an
admin for subscriptions as that seems the only way suckforge supports to
keep people from subscribing to old lists without destroying the old message
archives

and for every post you send to the list you get a remainder that the list
has been moved to mphq and the new address assuimg that still works ...

Michael